Friday, July 22, 2016

The Family Vacation

Summer means travel and family vacations.  As a child my family travelled from sea to shining sea.  Station wagon, picnic lunches,...the whole works...the good, the bad and the ugly but mostly good.  My husband and I were very fortunate to travel with our two boys and now we still love to travel and I still LOVE to buy a souvenir or two to remember my trips.

The mosaic bird is a purchase I made in Boston at a vendor fair in the Seaport area.   I still have many souvenirs from when I was a little a girl.  One thing I collected as a child was pennants. 
My youngest started collecting pennants and the two  collections now border his bedroom. My memories, his memories and our memories...
 

I love everything about coffee and my coffee cup collection.  The panda cup was my first coffee purchase.  It's from the National Zoological Park in Washington D.C. The pandas, Ling-Ling and Hsing-Hsing were a gift from China in 1972. 
So as you venture out to your family's adventure, give some thought to what you and your child will bring home.  Here is some additional information about collecting and travelling with your child---




No comments:

Post a Comment