Saturday, April 22, 2017

Earth Day 2017

"I was taught from a very young age to serve, so that turned into me thinking I had to save the planet."
Alanis Morissette

I was also taught from a very young age to volunteer and serve the community.  I don't have a big enough platform to save the planet but I do work on my corner of Mother Earth. 

Paper is extremely expensive and preschoolers are big consumers of paper.  Coloring, writing, painting and just adding a few little squiggles to a piece of paper occupy the children at many of our centers.  It's an important part of our program and important to their growth and development.  We are very fortunate that over the years we have had donations of various types of office paper that we use in our art and writing center which saves MCP's budget.  We recently had a family move back into the area and she very graciously saved lots of the beautiful packing paper for our program.  This paper will be used at our easel for painting projects and will last us for several years.

Our budget means we have to be creative with projects and classroom activities.  Check out these past posts to see how MCP recycles and repurposes items in the classroom. 

http://metamoracommunityprek.blogspot.com/2012/04/earth-day-2012.html

http://metamoracommunityprek.blogspot.com/2013/04/earth-day-2013.html

No comments:

Post a Comment