On Fun Food Friday, we made witch's stew. The children giggle, laugh and scream and it's a whole lot of fun. We have large bowl and I call for spider web balls (popcorn), spider legs (pretzels) and more. We add the ingredients to the bowl and sing our song. It's an easy Halloween snack.
Here's the recipe---
- Spider web balls (popcorn)
- Spider legs (pretzel sticks)
- Dragon teeth (candy corn)
- Mouse ears (raisins)
- Monkey eyes (Cheerios)
- Stinky fish (Goldfish crackers)
- Bat noses (chocolate chips)
We also work a lot on patterning. This month a pumpkin and some push pins provide a unique way to master this skill!
Halloween is just the start of holiday fun at MCP! We hope you and your child have a great Halloween.