Friday, June 11, 2010

To Infinity and Beyond!

Howdy, howdy, howdy! I am anxiously awaiting the release of Toy Story 3 http://disney.go.com/toystory/ on Friday, June 18th. Toy Story hit the theaters in 1995 when my youngest son was four. Our family loves Pixar and especially the Toy Story movies. The newest production is about Andy heading off to college. Ahhhh....yes, my youngest, my baby, my little guy is heading off to college, too. I better bring a box of tissues to the theater and sit in the back. And I thought sending them to kindergarten was tough.
What to do this week?
Watch Toy Story and Toy Story 2.

Discuss the movies. Part of the movie experience should be discussing with your child what they have just seen. Parts they liked, didn't like, characters they liked and didn't like. Aside from Buzz or Woody, who is your favorite? (Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head for me.) It doesn't have to be deep or heavy but talk with your child about the show.

Make Alien Cupcakes. In this months issue of Family Fun magazine http://familyfun.go.com/ , there is a recipe for Edible Aliens from the Pizza Planet. These are seriously too cute!