
Today we celebrate our mothers and I think we should celebrate what our mothers teach us. My mother taught me to sew (with great success), crochet (not so successful...I just don't get it), and how to cook and bake (especially her chocolate chip cookies but I cannot replicate her biscuits and gravy). She taught me how to be independent but to ask questions. She left me, my siblings and her grandchildren with piles of fond memories of Christmas, birthdays and other holidays way before 'making memories' was even a thing. She showed me the importance of volunteerism by volunteering at our school and church and volunteering to be our 4-H leader for many years. She taught me the joy of traveling---five kids, a station wagon and treks to California, Yosemite, Mount Rushmore, Wisconsin, Washington D.C. and Yellowstone. Yikes! I could go on and on but...The most important lesson? How to love and be loved...I was a lucky little girl.
Happy Mother's Day!
Past Mother's Day posts---
http://metamoracommunityprek.blogspot.com/2010/05/happy-mothers-day.html
http://metamoracommunityprek.blogspot.com/2011/05/mothers-day.html
http://metamoracommunityprek.blogspot.com/2012/05/when-god-created-mothers.html
http://metamoracommunityprek.blogspot.com/2013/05/ten-questions-to-ask-your-mother-now.html
http://metamoracommunityprek.blogspot.com/2016/05/in-awe-of-mothers.html
http://metamoracommunityprek.blogspot.com/2017/05/moms-breakfast.html
http://metamoracommunityprek.blogspot.com/2018/05/what-every-child-needs.html