Monday, April 12, 2010

ABC's and 123's

Here is an another idea for letter and number recognition and identifying color words. When I am out and about I am always picking up those free Internet CD's for school use. I covered the label with some old computer CD labels I had but you could also just write on the digital side of the CD (use a Sharpie). For letter recognition, I put the upper case on the CD and both upper and lower case on the clothespin (those clothespins are good small motor activities!)

For the number recognition, I wrote the numeral on the CD. On the clothespin, I wrote the numeral, the written word and corresponding dots.

The color CD I used office dots. Some I had to create by coloring with marker. Write the color word in colored marker on the clothespin. The children really love this simple homemade activity.

This activity could also be adapted for older children-contractions, antonyms, math facts, state capitals and much more. The possibilities are only limited to your imagination.