Who took the cookie from the cookie jar? The TTh class! That's who!
On Tuesday, we made a Cookie Monster craft. Your child was to snip around the Cookie Monster to make him fuzzy. We also made cake mix cookies. We had one for snack and brought one home. Yummy!
Today we made gingerbread men ornaments. The children rolled out the dough and pressed in the cookie cutter (this is not done in a group but one/one). I was kneading the dough for a student and saw a single piece of glitter in the dough. Light bulb!!! Why have I never thought of putting glitter in the dough? It was too late for this year (almost all had rolled out and cut their ornament) but next year will be adding glitter to the dough. There was leftover dough so I tried it home. I added quite a bit of glitter (my kitchen is all sparkly now) and I love it. Great craft for nieces, nephews, play dates and older children, too.
We also tasted cookies today (wafers, fig newtons, chocolate chip, Oreos and shortbread). We looked at the cookie and described the color and the shape. We tasted the cookie and the children described the taste and if it was soft or crunchy. We also graphed our favorite cookie-Oreo, chocolate chip or peanut butter.
Gingerbread Man Ornaments-
http://metamoracommunityprek.blogspot.com/2009/12/c-is-for-cookie.html
Cake Mix Cookie Recipe-
http://metamoracommunityprek.blogspot.com/2010/12/who-took-cookie-from-cookie-jar.html
We had so much fun this week with cookies. Want to do more? Buy some cookie dough (or make it but the refrigerator dough is just so easy), give your child a rolling pin and cookie cutters. Create some memories with cookies. See you next week.