Saturday, October 8, 2016

We Built This CIty

Parents of our program know that we love to work with big giant cardboard boxes.  These creative projects allow the children to work together.  This piece was inspired by a picture I saw in a magazine and clipped and filed.  I would love to credit the magazine but cannot remember which (it has to be REAL SIMPLE,  Rachael Ray or Food Network...that's about all I pick up). 

I will acknowledge the artist, Ali Douglass.  Her Orange Cityscape caught my imagination and we did our own interpretation. 

The MWF students are learning about the city and the country.  How are they alike and how are they different? Our MWF students had a lot of fun building the city.  We are planning on creating a country landscape on the other side of  the cardboard.  Here's what we did...

I painted sky and a road.
I cut a variety of tall buildings.  The children chose a color and filled in the skyline.


Office stickers make great windows!

Smaller buildings and more windows...




 
Planes, (no trains) and automobiles die cut from old cereal boxes are colored and glued.




What's next? The Great Pumpkin!
Thanks to Ali Douglass for the inspiration! Be inspired to do something creative with your child today!

No comments:

Post a Comment