Thursday, November 20, 2014

Mash That Monster!

One thing I always used to keep learning fun and active at home was games.  A few years ago, I found a game called "Mash That Monster" on the website A Teaching Mommy.   "Mash That Monster" is an alphabet game that I actually used at my daughter's kindergarten Halloween party, but it's really fun to use any time of the year.


You simply print off the monster alphabet cards found here.  Again, I use cardstock for durability.  Laminate if you can.




Using a clean flyswatter or two, depending on how many children are playing, call out a letter.  The children use the flyswatter (gently) to mash the monster with that letter.


Whoever had the first flyswatter to swat the card keeps it.  Play continues until all letters are used.  Whoever has the most letters at the end is the winner!   

For more games to try at home, check out these previous posts:


Happy learning!  --MJ



No comments:

Post a Comment