This week our MWF classes begin their world travels! Throughout the school year, we will:
- learn the name of our planet, our country, our state and our town.
- identify the US flag.
- learn the difference between a map and a globe.
- use large maps to find our country and the countries we 'visit'.
- locate oceans on the map.
- introduce the concept of the equator, North Pole and South Pole.
- learn that there are children all over the world going to school, playing with toys, getting ready for bed and more.
- learn that our world has many languages and accents (Mrs. Q is very bad at accents so it's pretty funny).
- create lots of world crafts.
On Friday, we made a house. Our school crafts help our students become really good listeners. We also talk about colors, shapes and positional words (top, bottom, inside, etc.) This project is purposely simple. A roof, a door and two windows! Lots of smiles! Lots of success!
It's going to be a fun Letter A week with America and apples!